2. Medical Information/Conditions. . Product information on this web site is provided by NCH for general information purposes only. It is not intended to provide complete medical information. You should always obtain complete medical information from your prescribing physician or other healthcare advisor. SHOULD YOU HAVE A MEDICAL CONDITION, PROMPTLY SEE YOUR OWN MEDICAL DOCTOR OR HEALTH CARE PROVIDER. WE DO NOT OFFER PERSONALIZED MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS OR PATIENT-SPECIFIC TREATMENT ADVICE. Many medicines and medical devices are available only by prescription. Medical professionals may obtain complete medical information from the product's package insert.
3. Worldwide Products. Some products discussed here may not be available in all countries or under the same Trade Mark. The products referred to on this Site may be subject to different regulatory requirements depending on the country of use. Consequently, visitors may be notified that this Site, or certain sections of this Site, are intended only for certain kinds of expert users or only for audiences in certain countries. Information on these products may vary by country. Site visitors should check with local medical resources and regulatory authorities for information appropriate to your country.
4. Use of Information. You may only download or use information from this Site, including any text, images, audio, and video for your own non-commercial use. You may not use or reuse this information for commercial purposes, without written permission of [the Novartis Group entity controlling this Site]. You must retain and reproduce every copyright notice or other proprietary rights notice contained with any material you download. You should assume that everything you see or read on this Site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used without the written permission of NCH. NCH neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with NCH. Except for this limited authorization, NCH gives you no license to or right in the Information.
5. Trademarks/Proprietary Rights. Unless otherwise noted, you should assume that all product names appearing on this Site, whether or not appearing in large print or with the trademark symbol are trademarks of Novartis. This Site may also contain or reference patents, proprietary information, technologies, products, processes or other proprietary rights of NCH and/or other parties. No license to or right in any such trademarks, patents, trade secrets, technologies, products, processes and other proprietary rights of NCH and/or other parties is granted to or conferred upon you.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties. While NCH uses reasonable efforts to ensure that information on this Site is accurate and up to date, the information nevertheless may have inaccuracies or errors. NCH reserves the right to make changes to the information, and to the products and programs described in such information, or to discontinue this Site, at any time without notice. NCH makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of any of the Information. NCH assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site. ALL INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS." NOVARTIS PROVIDES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE COMPLETENESS OR ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE OR ITS POSSIBLE USES. CONSEQUENTLY, THE INFORMATION SHOULD BE CAREFULLY EVALUATED BY SITE VISITORS. NEITHER NCH, NOR ANY OTHER NOVARTIS GROUP COMPANY, NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THIS SITE TO YOU SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO, USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT OF THE SITE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. NCH also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to this Site.
Postings To This Site. NCH does not commit to monitor or review discussions, postings, and the like on this Site. It accepts no responsibility or liability arising from posted content. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. NCH WILL FULLY COOPERATE WITH ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES OR COURT ORDER REQUESTING OR DIRECTING NCH TO DISCLOSE THE IDENTITY OF ANYONE POSTING ANY SUCH INFORMATION OR MATERIALS. As we deem appropriate, we may immediately, and without notice, take corrective action, including preventing the user from using the Site and removing any information, data and content put on the Site by the user.
1. Pledge on Privacy
The next sections explain how and when we collect Personal Data from you.
2. Intended use of Personal Data
Most of our services do not require any form of registration, allowing you to visit our site without telling us who you are. However, some services may require you to provide us with Personal Data. In these situations, if you choose to withhold any Personal Data requested by us, it may not be possible for you to gain access to certain parts of the site and for us to respond to your query.
We may collect and use Personal Data to provide you with products or services, to bill you for products and services you request, to market products and services which we think may be of interest to you, or to communicate with you for other purposes which are evident from the circumstances or about which we inform you when we collect Personal Data from you.
3. Non-disclosure of Personal Data
4. Right of access, correction and objection
Whenever we process Personal Data, we take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data is kept accurate and up-to date for the purposes for which it was collected. We will provide you with the ability to object to the processing of your Personal Data if such processing is not reasonably required for a legitimate business purpose as described in this policy or our compliance with law. In the case of electronic direct marketing, we will provide you with a method to opt out of receiving further marketing materials or with a method to opt in if required by law. Requests to delete personal data will be subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document filing or retention obligations imposed on us.
5. Security and confidentiality
To ensure the security and confidentiality of Personal Data that we collect online, we use data networks protected, inter alia, by industry standard firewall and password protection. In the course of handling your Personal Data, we take measures reasonably designed to protect that information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
6. Data transfer abroad
We are part of the Novartis Group which is a global group of companies and has databases in different countries, some of which are operated by the local Novartis Group Company, and some of which are operated by third parties on behalf of the local Novartis Group Company. We may transfer your data to one of the Group's databases outside your country of domicile, potentially including countries which may not require an adequate level of protection for your Personal Data compared with that provided in your country.
7. "Cookies" and internet tags
We may collect and process information about your visit to this website, such as the pages you visit, the website you came from and some of the searches you perform. Such information is used by us to help improve the contents of the site and to compile aggregate statistics about individuals using our site for internal, market research purposes. In doing this, we may install "cookies" that collect the domain name of the user, your internet service provider, your operating system, and the date and time of access. A "cookie" is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computerâ€™s hard drive. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a "cookie," this will enable you to decide if you want to accept it or not. We would like to inform you, however, that if you do not accept you may not be able to use all functionality of your browser software. We may obtain the services of outside parties to assist us in collecting and processing the information described in this Section.
Occasionally, we may use internet tags (also known as action tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs and 1-by-1 GIFs) and cookies at this site and may deploy these tags/cookies through a third-party advertising partner or a web analytical service partner which may be located and store the respective information (including your IP-address) in a foreign country. These tags/cookies are placed on both online advertisements that bring users to this site and on different pages of this site. We use this technology to measure the visitors' responses to our sites and the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns (including how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted) as well as to evaluate your use of this website. The third-party partner or the web analytical service partner may be able to collect data about visitors to our and other sites because of these internet tags/cookies, may compose reports regarding the websiteâ€™s activity for us and may provide further services which are related to the use of the website and the internet. They may provide such information to other parties if there is a legal requirement that they do so, or if they hire the other parties to process information on their behalf. If you would like more information about web tags and cookies associated with on-line advertising or to opt-out of third-party collection of this information, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative website http://www.networkadvertising.org.
8. Personal information and children
Most of the services available on this site are intended for persons 18 years of age and older. Any individual who requests information about a medicine indicated for use in children must be 18 or over. We will not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personal Data from a minor under the age of 18, without obtaining prior consent from a person with parental responsibility (e.g., a parent or guardian) through direct off-line contact. We will provide the parent with (i) notice of the specific types of personal data being collected from the minor, and (ii) the opportunity to object to any further collection, use, or storage of such information. We abide by laws designed to protect children.
9. Links to other sites
10. Contact us